In compliance with the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act Improvements Act of 2015 (the “Act”) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance, the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) is amending its civil monetary penalty rule to reflect an annual adjustment for inflation in order to improve the penalty’s effectiveness and maintain its deterrent effect. The Act provides that the new penalty level must apply to penalties assessed after the effective date of the increase, including when the penalties whose associated violation predate the increase. Effective February 28, 2017, the amount for civil monetary penalties was adjusted to $50,276.
Upcoming Events & Seminars
July 23 @ 8:00 am - July 25 @ 5:00 pm
- NIGC Proposed Rule: Minimum Internal Control Standards Class IIJune 21, 2018
- NIGC to Announce Indian Gaming’s 2017 Gross Gaming RevenuesJune 8, 2018
- Supreme Court Overturns Federal Law Prohibiting Sports BettingMay 15, 2018
- The BlueBird Certified Public Accountants Scholarship for Native American Accounting Students 2018 RecipientApril 26, 2018
- Shining Stars Nominates Andrew Hofstetter as HonoreeApril 26, 2018