In compliance with the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act Improvements Act of 2015 (the “Act”) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance, the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) is amending its civil monetary penalty rule to reflect an annual adjustment for inflation in order to improve the penalty’s effectiveness and maintain its deterrent effect. The Act provides that the new penalty level must apply to penalties assessed after the effective date of the increase, including when the penalties whose associated violation predate the increase. Effective February 28, 2017, the amount for civil monetary penalties was adjusted to $50,276.
Upcoming Events & Seminars
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- NIGC 2019 Fee Rate and Fingerprint FeesNovember 8, 2019
- 2018 Indian Gaming Revenues of $33.7 Billion Show a 4.1% IncreaseSeptember 12, 2019
- NIGC MICS Key Control StandardsMarch 7, 2019
- NIGC 2018 Fee Rate and Fingerprint FeesNovember 7, 2018
- NIGC Bulletin 2018-3: Guidance on the Class III Minimum Internal Control StandardsAugust 15, 2018