In compliance with the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act Improvements Act of 2015 (the “Act”) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance, the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) is amending its civil monetary penalty rule to reflect an annual adjustment for inflation in order to improve the penalty’s effectiveness and maintain its deterrent effect. The Act provides that the new penalty level must apply to penalties assessed after the effective date of the increase, including when the penalties whose associated violation predate the increase. Effective February 28, 2017, the amount for civil monetary penalties was adjusted to $50,276.
Upcoming Events & Seminars
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- GASB Proposes Application Guidance on CARES Act and Coronavirus Diseases IssuesJune 19, 2020
- NIGC Bulletin 2020-1: IGRA and Sports Book OperationsJanuary 31, 2020
- AGA Issues Updated Best Practices for Anti-Money Laundering ComplianceDecember 18, 2019
- NIGC 2019 Fee Rate and Fingerprint FeesNovember 8, 2019
- 2018 Indian Gaming Revenues of $33.7 Billion Show a 4.1% IncreaseSeptember 12, 2019