In compliance with the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act Improvements Act of 2015 (the “Act”) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance, the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) is amending its civil monetary penalty rule to reflect an annual adjustment for inflation in order to improve the penalty’s effectiveness and maintain its deterrent effect. The Act provides that the new penalty level must apply to penalties assessed after the effective date of the increase, including when the penalties whose associated violation predate the increase. Effective February 28, 2017, the amount for civil monetary penalties was adjusted to $50,276.
Upcoming Events & Seminars
June 28 @ 8:00 am - June 30 @ 12:00 pm
- NIGC Updates Civil Monetary PenaltiesMarch 23, 2017
- FinCEN: Sharing Suspicious Activity Reports with US Parents and Affiliations of CasinosJanuary 9, 2017
- GASB Invitation to Comment: Financial Reporting Model Improvements – Governmental FundsJanuary 2, 2017
- IRS Officially Drops Burdensome Gaming Proposals, Marking Big Win for Casino PatronsJanuary 2, 2017
- Judge Suspends the DOL’s Overtime RuleNovember 30, 2016