On July 19th, the National Indian Gaming Commission released data showing revenues generated by the Indian gaming industry in 2015, which totaled $29.9 billion. This is a 5% increase from the revenues generated in 2014 and marks the strongest rate of growth Indian County has seen in 10 years. A change from prior years in which some areas experienced decline or stagnation, this year every region of Indian Country experienced growth. The largest gain was in NIGC’s Sacramento area, which includes parts of California and Northern Nevada, with a growth of 8%. The gaming revenues were calculated based on 474 independently audited financial statements received by 238 Tribes.
Upcoming Events & Seminars
July 23 @ 8:00 am - July 25 @ 5:00 pm
- NIGC Proposed Rule: Minimum Internal Control Standards Class IIJune 21, 2018
- NIGC to Announce Indian Gaming’s 2017 Gross Gaming RevenuesJune 8, 2018
- Supreme Court Overturns Federal Law Prohibiting Sports BettingMay 15, 2018
- The BlueBird Certified Public Accountants Scholarship for Native American Accounting Students 2018 RecipientApril 26, 2018
- Shining Stars Nominates Andrew Hofstetter as HonoreeApril 26, 2018