On July 19th, the National Indian Gaming Commission released data showing revenues generated by the Indian gaming industry in 2015, which totaled $29.9 billion. This is a 5% increase from the revenues generated in 2014 and marks the strongest rate of growth Indian County has seen in 10 years. A change from prior years in which some areas experienced decline or stagnation, this year every region of Indian Country experienced growth. The largest gain was in NIGC’s Sacramento area, which includes parts of California and Northern Nevada, with a growth of 8%. The gaming revenues were calculated based on 474 independently audited financial statements received by 238 Tribes.
Upcoming Events & Seminars
Annual Tribal GAAP and GASB Update 2017 / How to Prepare for an Audit and Tribal Gaming Fraud UpdateOctober 18 @ 9:00 am - October 19 @ 4:00 pm
- NIGC Announces Notice of Proposed RulemakingOctober 13, 2017
- 2016 Indian Gaming Revenues Increased 4.4%August 4, 2017
- NAFOA Policy Alert: Relief Given to Tribal Government Audits on FASB-Based Financial StatementsJuly 27, 2017
- Uniform Guidance Procurement Grace Period ExtensionJune 5, 2017
- NIGC 2017 Final Fee Rate and Fingerprint FeesJune 5, 2017