On July 19th, the National Indian Gaming Commission released data showing revenues generated by the Indian gaming industry in 2015, which totaled $29.9 billion. This is a 5% increase from the revenues generated in 2014 and marks the strongest rate of growth Indian County has seen in 10 years. A change from prior years in which some areas experienced decline or stagnation, this year every region of Indian Country experienced growth. The largest gain was in NIGC’s Sacramento area, which includes parts of California and Northern Nevada, with a growth of 8%. The gaming revenues were calculated based on 474 independently audited financial statements received by 238 Tribes.
Upcoming Events & Seminars
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- GASB Proposes Application Guidance on CARES Act and Coronavirus Diseases IssuesJune 19, 2020
- NIGC Bulletin 2020-1: IGRA and Sports Book OperationsJanuary 31, 2020
- AGA Issues Updated Best Practices for Anti-Money Laundering ComplianceDecember 18, 2019
- NIGC 2019 Fee Rate and Fingerprint FeesNovember 8, 2019
- 2018 Indian Gaming Revenues of $33.7 Billion Show a 4.1% IncreaseSeptember 12, 2019