The AICPA released Technical Questions and Answers, which provides some relief to tribal governments that issue FASB-based financial statements and represents AICPA’s view of what a CPA should consider when preparing the financial statements of a tribal government entity. NAFOA’s Financial Management Advisory Committee has been in the process of advocating a solution that would allow tribal governments to use FASB standards without receiving an adverse audit opinion. Included in the document is a section that permits an auditor to issue a dual opinion regarding compliance with GASB and FASB standards, an adverse opinion for GASB financials and a clean opinion for FASB standards. The dual opinion approach is a first step in finding a longer-term solution.
Upcoming Events & Seminars
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- NIGC Bulletin 2018-3: Guidance on the Class III Minimum Internal Control StandardsAugust 15, 2018
- 2017 Indian Gaming Revenues Increase 3.9% to $32.4 BillionJune 27, 2018
- NIGC Proposed Rule: Minimum Internal Control Standards Class IIJune 21, 2018
- NIGC to Announce Indian Gaming’s 2017 Gross Gaming RevenuesJune 8, 2018
- Supreme Court Overturns Federal Law Prohibiting Sports BettingMay 15, 2018