The AICPA released Technical Questions and Answers, which provides some relief to tribal governments that issue FASB-based financial statements and represents AICPA’s view of what a CPA should consider when preparing the financial statements of a tribal government entity. NAFOA’s Financial Management Advisory Committee has been in the process of advocating a solution that would allow tribal governments to use FASB standards without receiving an adverse audit opinion. Included in the document is a section that permits an auditor to issue a dual opinion regarding compliance with GASB and FASB standards, an adverse opinion for GASB financials and a clean opinion for FASB standards. The dual opinion approach is a first step in finding a longer-term solution.
Upcoming Events & Seminars
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- GASB Proposes Application Guidance on CARES Act and Coronavirus Diseases IssuesJune 19, 2020
- NIGC Bulletin 2020-1: IGRA and Sports Book OperationsJanuary 31, 2020
- AGA Issues Updated Best Practices for Anti-Money Laundering ComplianceDecember 18, 2019
- NIGC 2019 Fee Rate and Fingerprint FeesNovember 8, 2019
- 2018 Indian Gaming Revenues of $33.7 Billion Show a 4.1% IncreaseSeptember 12, 2019